Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Metal Underground


I found these band logos in Lord of the Logos: Designing the Metal Underground by Christophe Szpajdel (I think). The first is for a band called Acherontia Styx, and the second is for a band called Apparitia (I think...the text is a little hard to read because of the typeface). They really fit into logos typically used by metal bands--hard-to-read type that's kind of goth-looking in nature. I like the top logo way more than the bottom one just because of the use of the death's-head moth motif...the second one just looks like it has a weird face on its back. I just think they're kind of different while still managing to follow traditional metal band logos.

1 comment:

  1. Hi dude

    Glad you like our logo.

    If you would be so kind as to hyperlink our website, www.acherontiastyx.co.uk it would be greatly appreciated.

    We will be happy to supply more info regarding the origins of the design if you wish. ��

    ReplyDelete